From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] using one portage tree for development and portage itself
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:44:22
1 On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 23:39 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > I currently have two copies of the portage tree on my system.
3 >
4 > The one that portage itself uses is at /usr/portage, but I have a second copy at /usr/gentoo-x86 which is the one that is checked out of cvs.
5 >
6 > Is this the way I should be working, or is there a way to use one copy of the portage tree for both development and portage itself?
7
8 Work however it's easiest for you.
9
10 I have three trees on my system: an rsync tree, an overlay with current
11 work in it, and a CVS checkout that is not listed as an overlay, which I
12 use purely for committing changes from my overlay.