From: Tamas Sarga <tamas@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
Cc: Michiel de Bruijne <m.debruijne@××××××.nl>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:44:57
1 On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 15:34 +0100, Tamas Sarga wrote:
7 > > Lot of users don't know anything about PORTAGE_LOGDIR and the
8 > > portage-log filter scripts. I think the abilities of portage is enough,
9 > > but these aren't well-known enough. Maybe somebody (for example me)
10 > > should create an overview about PORTAGE_LOGDIR and portage-log filters.
11 > > It could go to the next GWN's tips&tricks article.
12 >
13 > I think that would be prove very useful for most of our users.
14 > Personally I would welcome such an entry for the GWN.
15 >
16 > Sincerely,
17 > Brix
18 > --
19 > Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
20 > Gentoo Linux
23 Hi,
24 Some people said, it would be good and noone said it would be trash, so
25 I'll do it ;)
26 Once time, when GWN tips&tricks part asked for articles, I wrote a
27 letter to gwn-feedback@g.o, but I didn't get any reply. This is
28 the good address, if I have questions about articles?
29 I will ask these questions here too, maybe someone can answer me.
30 What format is the most convenience to the GWN guys? Should I write it
31 as plain text, or simple html, or should I use the tags, used in GWN?
32 When and where should I post it to go this to the next GWN?
33
34 TIA.
35 Cheers,
36 Tamas Sarga
37 --
38 A day is 24 hours long. Egy nap 24 órából áll.
39 A box of beer contains 24 bottles. Egy tálcán 24 üveg sör van.
40 I don't believe in coincidence. Nem hiszek a véletlen egybeesésekben.
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list