From: Paul <set@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Problem with distcc
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:27:32
1 Henti Smith <bain@×××××××.za>, on Sat Dec 21, 2002 [06:15:06 PM] said:
2 > On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 07:31:17 +0100
3 > Stephane Wirtel <stephane.wirtel@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hi !
6 > >
7 > > I have a problem with distcc and portage ( perhaps ).
8 > >
9 > > here is the config of my make.conf for distcc
10 > > DISTCC_HOSTS="stargate localhost"
11 > > MAKEOPTS="-j4"
12 > > CC="distcc"
13 > > CXX="distcc g++"
14 > >
15 > > and i run distcc under a simple user, not under root.
16 > > normally, it's ok on my 2 computers, it's the same configuration.
17 > > when emerge works, it does not use distcc in the compilation.
18 > > do you have a solution for my problem ?
19 >
20 > Hmmm ... this is strage ..
21 >
22 > I just tested with those settings (-j8 for 3 machines one duel)
23 > and seems to work fine ... had a error about name resolving .. will sort that out .. working fine now tho
24 >
25 > Henti
28 See my post to 'Portage not longer 'sourcing' make.conf'
29 for the reason that broke it for me. (setting CC and CXX in
30 /etc/env.d)
31
32 Paul
33 set@×××××.com