From: Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 19:38:27
1 On Sun, Apr 1, 2007 at 12:32:06 +0200, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 > This is your monthly friendly reminder ! Same bat time (typically
4 > the 2nd Thursday at 2000 UTC / 1500 EST), same bat channel
5 > (#gentoo-council @ irc.freenode.net) !
6 >
7 > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even
8 > vote on, let us know ! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole
9 > Gentoo dev list to see.
10
11 Hi,
12
13 I won't take this to the council myself, but I think this should be
14 discussed at the very least: we need a way to limit the council power,
15 since it seems there is nothing to this effect in the metastructure
16 glep. I think that when members of the council, who have total control
17 on gentoo, say things like "I don't feel we should listen to what the
18 dev community thinks", then one should begin to worry.
19
20 Concretely, I suggest that a reasonable way is created to appeal council
21 decisions. Of course, one should make sure that this won't led to
22 systematic appeals that would only make people lose time (something like
23 "20% of devs must have agreed to this before any vote takes place", or
24 so).
25
26 If enough people are interested, I'm sure someone will step up to
27 present this to the council, and if not, well, it will just have been
28 another lost email on this list.
29
30 Regards,
31 /Alexandre
32
33 PS: sorry to post this with my g.o address, I haven't resubscribed with
34 another address yet.
35 --
36 Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Please copy me in your ~/.signature.