From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: devmanual moved to github
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 18:32:24
1 On 13/05/2013 04:24, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Michael Palimaka wrote:
3 >>> I agree that Java is sucky, but I don't think that rejecting Gerrit
4 >>> for that reason alone makes sense. Look at what the application does
5 >>> and how it works, to determine if it fits the project or not.
6 >>
7 >> I agree, but if infra is not willing to maintain something java-based
8 >> there's not much we can do about that.
9 >
10 > We (well you) could try to join infra.
11 Infra? Nobody ever goes in, and nobody ever goes out. :-D
15 >>>> Another option that looks nice is GitLab.
16 >>>
17 >>> How does it work? The screenshots look exactly like github.
18 >>
19 >> That's the point. :-)
20 >
21 > Ok, do you know if it also enforces some particular workflow like
22 > github does, or if there are knobs to twiddle?
23 I haven't used it for anything useful, but there is a demo instance[1].
24 What sort of workflow do you feel is enforced by github? I haven't
25 personally felt constrained by it in the past.
26
27 [1]: http://demo.gitlab.com/