From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: williamh@g.o, council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] >= udev-182 tracker
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:00:26
1 On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:53:45 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > All,
5 >
6 > here is what I see on the current udev situation:
7 >
8 > The council has made a decision that we will continue supporting
9 > split out /usr.
10 >
11 > This, however, was never in question. No one is planning to drop
12 > support for separate /usr. Also, no one is planning on trying to force
13 > stabilize udev-182 within 30 days.
14 >
15 > To allay any fears of that happening, I have opened a tracker [1] for
16 > issues which need to be resolved before newer udevs can go stable.
17 >
18 > Does this answer any fears about trying to force an untimely
19 > stabilization?
20
21 Maybe we should create a new mailing list, say,
22 gentoo-usr-discussion@l.g.o.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny