From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] >= udev-182 tracker
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 21:54:52
1 On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:53:45 -0500
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> All,
6 >>
7 >> here is what I see on the current udev situation:
8 >>
9 >> The council has made a decision that we will continue supporting
10 >> split out /usr.
11 >>
12 >> This, however, was never in question. No one is planning to drop
13 >> support for separate /usr. Also, no one is planning on trying to force
14 >> stabilize udev-182 within 30 days.
15 >>
16 >> To allay any fears of that happening, I have opened a tracker [1] for
17 >> issues which need to be resolved before newer udevs can go stable.
18 >>
19 >> Does this answer any fears about trying to force an untimely
20 >> stabilization?
21 >
22 > Maybe we should create a new mailing list, say,
23 > gentoo-usr-discussion@l.g.o.
24
25 Just to clarify, you are trolling right?
26
27 -A
30 > --
31 > Best regards,