From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for October
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 21:47:27
1 On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 07:33 -0700, Chrissy Fullam wrote:
2 > In the past we have had Council members leave and be replaced, though I
3 > don't see the policy for that. Perhaps that should be included in the
4 > discussion of what to do when a Council member, even if they have a proxy,
5 > is away for an extended period or undetermined period of time.
6
7 The last Council decided (hell if I know which meeting) that we would
8 proceed in the following manner:
9
10 - Look at next in line from the election
11 - Vote on acceptance of this new member, if 100% for, member is
12 initiated into the Council, otherwise...
13 - Hold a new nominations/vote for the remainder of the term
14
15 Now, in both cases for the last Council, we accepted the next member and
16 continued about our business.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
21 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams