From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Translation questions [was: Re: [gentoo-dev] I want to help, but I don't know where]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:33:54
1 Rafael Bugajewski wrote:
2 > Mark Kowarsky wrote:
3 >
4 >> If you want to help
5 >> http://www.securesystem.info/tiki-view_blog_post.php?blogId=3&postId=104
6 >> contains a good summary of what and how you can help out :).
7 >
8 > Thanks for the nice link. I read some stuff and now I know that the first step
9 > is "helping out". So I will translate some existing documentation into
10 > german.
11 >
12 > I could start writing everything in german into a plain text file, but I don't
13 > think it's a good idea. In my opinion it would be better if I could write the
14 > XML files directly and submit it to Bugzilla for approval. But where can I
15 > get a needed XML structure, example or at least description?
16 >
17 > Greets,
18 >
19 > Rafael Bugajewski
20
21 Hi Rafael,
22
23 Thanks for your offer.
24 German translations are handled by grahl@g.o (and Polish ones by
25 rane@g.o btw).
26 FYI, we also have a "staffing needs" page linked from our home page:
27 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/staffing-needs/
28
29 Please use our gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list for anything regarding
30 documentation or translations. You can also find us on #gentoo-doc on freenode.
31 Besides, you'll find useful documentation at http://gdp.gentoo.org/
34 Cheers,
35 --
36 / Xavier Neys