From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Issues regarding glep-55 (Was: [gentoo-council] Re: Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:33:22
1 On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:21:25 -0800
4 > Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
5 >> Somewhat ironically, had everyone been less stubborn last year when
6 >> discussing this topic we could have embedded the EAPI in line X of the
7 >> ebuild in 2008 and be using it now; instead of still discussing it.
8 >
9 > ...and we wouldn't be able to change the version rules, and we would be
10 > suffering a substantial performance hit.
11
12 Hey I never said its a perfect solution; but I'm a fan of the 'it
13 covers 80%'. Sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too;
14 sometimes requirements get dropped.
15
16 -A
19 > --