From: Tavis Ormandy <taviso@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Fixing the TERM mess
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:23:19
1 --On Monday, August 22, 2005 00:21:16 +0000 Renat Lumpau <rl03@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 12:08:00AM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 >> Thanks. The other useful one is to see whether it does 256 colours
6 >> properly like real xterm does. The following bash script, when run with
7 >> '256' as its argument, should look the same as it does when run under
8 >> a real xterm.
9 >
10 > Not even close here.
11
12 I maintain the putty ebuild, but never really use it outside of testing.
13 However, I know it supports 256 colours.
14
15 Your script produces 256 different colours here, the shades dont match
16 xterm's exactly, but there are definitely 256 distinct colours.
17
18 If you emerge putty and start pterm, then ctrl-right click, select "Change
19 Settings" and choose "Colour" from the dialog, you can disable 256 colours,
20 perhaps this is what you've done?
21
22 Tavis.
26 taviso@××××××××××××.org | finger me for my gpg key.