From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openoffice ebuild (needs maintainer :-)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 19:52:05
1 fre 2001-12-07 klockan 22.06 skrev Daniel Robbins:
2 > On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 08:12:08AM +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
3 > > Hi!
4 > >
5 > > Does anyone want to compile this or can't we just use the binary release
6 > > and put it in /opt?
7 >
8 > It sounds like this solution would be best for a majority of users. We can
9 > have two ebuilds (one sources and one binary).
10
11 Thats probably the best solution. I think that before any developer is
12 willing to spend a weekend getting this beast (and I used to think
13 Mozilla was a beast :) to compile we should add the binary-version so
14 that people can start using it.
15
16 >From what I've heard from my managers who use it the latest version was
17 a big step up speed-wise.
18
19 Regards,
20 Mikael Hallendal
24 Mikael Hallendal
25 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
26 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden