From: Zach Forrest <diatribe@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openoffice ebuild (needs maintainer :-)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 23:48:31
1 I'm both shocked and amazed at the speed improvements.
2
3 Mikael Hallendal wrote:
4
5 > fre 2001-12-07 klockan 22.06 skrev Daniel Robbins:
6 >
7 >>On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 08:12:08AM +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
8 >>
9 >>>Hi!
10 >>>
11 >>>Does anyone want to compile this or can't we just use the binary release
12 >>>and put it in /opt?
13 >>>
14 >>It sounds like this solution would be best for a majority of users. We can
15 >>have two ebuilds (one sources and one binary).
18 > Thats probably the best solution. I think that before any developer is
19 > willing to spend a weekend getting this beast (and I used to think
20 > Mozilla was a beast :) to compile we should add the binary-version so
21 > that people can start using it.
22 >
23 >>From what I've heard from my managers who use it the latest version was
24 > a big step up speed-wise.
25 >
26 > Regards,
27 > Mikael Hallendal