From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild bumping policy wrt KEYWORDS
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:51:52
1 On Thursday 26 August 2004 05:17, Jason Wever wrote:
2 > Basically what I was looking for was found at
3 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=5
4
5 >>Ebuilds should only be stabilized, i.e. placed from "~arch" into "arch" when
6 the maintainer, or an architecture maintainer deems the ebuild to be stable.
7
8 From a package maintainer perspective, I'm not fine with it. Imho an arch
9 should simply not go stable, before the package maintainer marks his arch
10 stable. I cannot care for arch maintainers - and their users - if they run
11 into problems, e.g. due to dependency changes while I do not consider the
12 ebuild stable. If the arch maintainer thinks, he knows a package better than
13 me and cannot even ask before doing so - o.k., not my problem. We had the
14 discussion a while back...
17 Carsten
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list