From: "Paul B. Henson" <henson@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Amazon Corretto openjdk builds?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 20:38:31
1 On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 12:50:11PM -0700, Georgy Yakovlev wrote:
2
3 > As a maintainer of most jdks in gentoo I'm not looking at adding even
4 > more JDK versions this time as there is little to no reason of doing
5 > that.
6
7 Cool, thanks for the perspective.
8
9 > if there is significant performance or technical difference I could
10 > take a look at it, so let me know if I'm wrong in my assessment.
11
12 The main difference from just an initial look is that the Amazon release
13 is officially "Java SE compatible" as it passes the TCK certification.
14 AdoptOpenJDK evidentally has some issue with oracle (a problem with
15 oracle 8-/? Imagine that) such that they aren't able to use the TCK for
16 testing.
17
18 Then from an applications view, one of our most important java apps is
19 the shibboleth idp, which officially supports amazon's release but not
20 the adoptopenjdk one. They do support Redhat's OpenJDK build for RHEL and
21 CentOS, I assume the adoptopenjdk built will work too but just adds an
22 additional fuzzy if opening a support ticket.
23
24 Thanks again...