From: Georgy Yakovlev <gyakovlev@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Paul B. Henson" <henson@×××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Amazon Corretto openjdk builds?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 19:50:28
1 On Wednesday, June 26, 2019 11:03:58 AM PDT Paul B. Henson wrote:
2 > Is anybody looking at Amazon's new openjdk distribution?
3 >
4 > https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/
5 >
6 > Advertised as production ready with long term support, no-cost. I'm not
7 > sure how it compares to the current AdoptJDK builds, but seems like it
8 > might be another good option.
9
10 Hi,
11
12 As a maintainer of most jdks in gentoo I'm not looking at adding even more JDK
13 versions this time as there is little to no reason of doing that.
14
15 adoptopenjdk is open, lts, managed by community and not corporate entity,
16 gaining more attention lately. it supports arches amazon doesn't.
17
18 the only valuable feature of corretto I can think of is presence of javafx.*,
19 but openjdk:8 and openjdk-bin:8 will soon have it as well and we already have
20 it for openjdk:11
21
22 if there is significant performance or technical difference I could take a
23 look at it, so let me know if I'm wrong in my assessment.
24
25 - Georgy