From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-scm@l.g.o, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-scm] Re: [gentoo-dev] Git Migration: go-live!
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 13:10:42
1 On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 8:43 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 09 Aug 2015 14:54, Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
3 >> Hi all!
4 >
5 > please don't top post
6 >
7 >> Current repoman complains about headers in ebuilds
8 >>
9 >> >>> Creating Manifest for /home/alexxy/Gentoo/gentoo/sys-cluster/open-mx
10 >> ebuild.badheader 1
11 >> sys-cluster/open-mx/open-mx-1.5.4.ebuild: Malformed CVS Header on
12 >> line: 3
13 >>
14 >> So may be its better to drop $Id: $ completely?
15 >
16 > it should look like:
17 > # $Id$
20 We shouldn't do anything (besides adapting repoman to the $Id$ format)
21 without some discussion first. However...
22
23 Do we really need to have ANY keywords in our files? Keyword
24 expansion was just a PITA all-around with cvs. Do we really need to
25 embed them in our git files?
26
27 At least git doesn't expand them in the actual repository.
28
29 I'm not really a big fan of any kind of in-band signaling. I guess
30 the one advantage of this is that if you find a file OUTSIDE of a
31 repository you know where it came from, but how important is that?
34 Rich