From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo calendar for tracking Gentoo events
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 22:18:55
1 On Friday, August 20, 2010 18:01:32 Thilo Bangert wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger said:
3 > > the front page of http://gentoo.org/ now links to a Google Calendar
4 > > (see side bar). this has been around for a while, but it seems it's
5 > > been more of an "underground" thing, so it's time to raise its
6 > > awareness.
7 > >
8 > > like other aspects of Gentoo, all Gentoo developers have access to it
9 > > to add their own events. anything Gentoo related may be added of
10 > > course ! meetings, events, scheduled package events, etc...
11 > >
12 > > the access step requires a bit of help though -- simply e-mail me off
13 > > list your gmail account and we can get you set up. once you have
14 > > access, you may easily pass it on to other Gentoo peeps.
15 >
16 > has somebody found a way to access the gentoo calendar at google via
17 > anonymous caldav or a plain ics read only url? i'd like to add the gentoo
18 > calendar to my favorite calendaring software.
19
20 the link from the Gentoo page shows you the Google calendar ID:
21 88di0t0pl2cfau7oak48rbccfs%40group.calendar.google.com
22
23 so use that to get a xml/ical/whatever link:
24 https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/<ID>/public/basic
25 https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/<ID>/public/basic.ics
26 etc...
27 -mike