From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RE: Problems with Dell Server
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:19:56
1 On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 01:34:41PM -0400, joe.derosa.b1@×××××.com wrote:
2 > After doing some poking around,
3 > None of the modules (including megaraid) detect any hardware.
4 > It appears that the embedded controller is a 7899 dual channel controller, that
5 > can have one channel use hardware raid. The bios banner calls the controller a
6 > "Power Edge Expandable 3/Si Bios 2.5-0". If I disable raid, the drives all show
7 > up as individual drives on the 7899 channel A using the AIC7xxx controller.
8 > Reading in the kernel source, a couple of the drivers (old an new AIC7xxx)
9 > mention that then specifically don't work with the hardware raid controller, but
10 > none of them say they do. So, I can get the drives to work by disabling raid,
11 > or moving to channel B, but I would like the hardware raid for speed.
12
13 I'll email Justin Gibbs and see if he can give us any insight.
16 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
17 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
18 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.