From: Andres Loeh <kosmikus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Official overlay support
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:22:52
1 > As said above, how are you going to get new contributors without people
2 > that are actually using/testing that stuff?
3
4 We find the via Bugzilla and/or irc and point them at the overlay.
5 That way, we more or less know who's using the overlay and make sure
6 they are briefed a bit before they start using it.
7
8 dcoutts has described the current practice we use in the Haskell
9 team, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the only practice
10 that would work for us. I can imagine that if we can come up with
11 reasonable policies for o.g.o, we can switch to a slightly different
12 (i.e., more public) scheme ...
13
14 Cheers,
15 Andres