From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: Jason Cooper <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev-032 script disabling
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:32:14
1 On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 07:05:59AM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
2 > Jason Cooper (gentoo@××××××××××.net) scribbled:
3 > > Will a future version allow toggling the use of the scripts in that
4 > > directory? Is there a reason why an average user needs those to run,
5 > > especially in light of things working fine before (well, at least for me
6 > > :) )?
7 >
8 > damn. I started going through the code (delusions of patch-writing
9 > danced in my head) and saw "PROGRAM=", then I found it in
10 > /etc/udev/rules.d/50... Sorry for the noise.
11 >
12 > Just a thought, perhaps the scripts directory could be under rules.d?
13 > That way it is not confused with something handled in udev.conf.
14
15 I don't understand what scripts are annoying you? They've pretty much
16 always been used in the past versions of udev, nothing new has been
17 added in a while.
18
19 thanks,
20