From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retirement plans for =net-nds/openldap-2.{1,2}*
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:26:16
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > This is an announcement that =net-nds/openldap-2.1* is going into p.mask
5 > now, and will be removed in 30 days. It contains security
6 > vulnerabilities that have been fixed in new major versions from
7 > upstream, and upstream no longer provides support for it.
8 >
9 > In the same vein, =net-nds/openldap-2.2* will go into p.mask August 1st,
10 > and be removed September 1st, in line with upstream discontinuing
11 > their long-term support for it and releasing the 2.4 series.
14 Er. Granted, they're out of date, because we don't have anyone who knows
15 ldap (and gongloo never showed up with a promised rewrite), but all of
16 our documentation seems to be geared toward openldap-2.1 or so.
17
18 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ldapdns-guide.xml --> is still considered
19 "valid"
20
21 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ldap-howto.xml --> is considered
22 unmaintained and "invalid", since none of the GDP knows ldap. wouldn't
23 mind reinstating it if we can get users to help out with the updates.
24
25 Otherwise, we'll probably have to remove all the existing LDAP
26 documentation, which is disappointing.
27
28 Quick, anyone want to help out with the documents and update them for
29 the current way of doing LDAP? :)