From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-client/chromium and asian fonts, help needed
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 06:53:12
1 On 4/5/11 6:37 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > Already chromium's dependency on virtual/ttf-fonts is wrong, IMHO.
3
4 Oh, I added it to RDEPEND after Raúl Porcel (armin76) asked me on IRC to
5 do that - I think the issue was that the browser failed to launch
6 without the fonts installed.
7
8 I don't remember all the details here, but do you have some idea for
9 better solution? I'd like the browser to be "launchable" out-of-the-box,
10 an elog message like "Your browser will fail to start if you don't have
11 ttf-fonts" wouldn't be OK I think.
12
13 > We had the same discussion for Emacs some time ago (see bug 137598),
14 > and we output a message in pkg_postinst() that Emacs requires fonts.
15
16 Yeah, I just added an elog for the Asian fonts here too.