From: kang <kang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Update of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:36:07
1 Curtis Napier wrote:
2
3 > gentoo.org and all domains owned by the Gentoo Foundation should
4 > render correctly in all browsers that are still in general use. IE5 on
5 > the mac is still a valid browser and will be supported as much as
6 > possible.
7 >
8 IE5 for mac contains unfixed security issues which won't be fixed (as
9 announced by MS), how is that considered supported ? Is it even still
10 distributed within MacOSX Tiger ?
11
12 http://secunia.com/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=2678
13 http://secunia.com/advisories/13356/
14 http://secunia.com/advisories/12920/
15 http://secunia.com/advisories/10500/
16
17 Now people can also use NCSA Mosaic. It's valid as long as you can run
18 it. But a browser with vulns, unsupported by the vendor, with a broken
19 CSS, I think you do not have to support it. Well of course, if you like
20 it just do it ;)
23 Oh btw, *great* progress on the design.
24
25 Two things that I still find a bit wrong though:
26
27 - I find code boxes ugly. Maybe its some useability thing, is easier to
28 see, I dont' know, but its ugly ;)
29
30 - The bottom boxes are uneven in size, it looks a bit strange. Also i
31 still wonder about this whole concept, as its not the first place you
32 look for links. I'll take an example:
33 http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org/doc/en/index.xml
34 I am in 1024x768 and I don't see the boxes if I don't scroll. I don't
35 think you acn reduce every page so that you see them without scrolling.
36 Unfortunately I dont see any good solution. Maybe it'll stay this way. I
37 would put more than 2 news items on the front page then, even if it also
38 hides the boxes a bit on 800x600 or 1024, because it doesnt give much
39 info to have 2 items per news page ;)
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list