From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Place of EAPI variable in ebuild
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:16:18
1 Petteri Räty kirjoitti:
2 > Usually it's best that ebuild variables follow the order that is in
3 > skel.ebuild. So know we should decide where to place EAPI. I suggest we
4 > put it it after LICENSE as that's where the more technical stuff like
5 > SLOT starts. Attached a patch for skel.ebuild.
6 >
7 > Regards,
8 > Petteri
11 The predominant options seems to be before inherit so let's go with that
12 then. Will post more details on eclass stuff once I get further with
13 java stuff.
14
15 00:31 < Betelgeuse> zmedico: ping
16 01:02 < zmedico> Betelgeuse: pong
17 01:03 < Betelgeuse> zmedico: Haven't seen your thoughts on EAPI place in
18 ebuild
19 01:05 < zmedico> I'd say the ebuild should define it before the inherit
20 01:05 < zmedico> that's the simplest and safest thing to do
21 01:05 < Betelgeuse> zmedico: ok so I would test for EAPI=1 then in java
22 eclasses?
23 01:05 < Betelgeuse> zmedico: And maybe write eapi.eclass for testing
24 EAPI version
25 01:06 < Betelgeuse> zmedico: eapi 1 && <do stuff> etc
26 01:06 < Betelgeuse> If I only need one function then perhaps add it to
27 eutils
28 01:06 < zmedico> sure
29 01:06 < zmedico> yeah
30