From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Revisiting GLEP 81 (acct-*) policies (reviews, cross-distro syncing)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 16:14:04
1 On 12/10/19 3:34 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >> The problem: There is still no any official documentation about using
3 >> acct-, and reviewing it was/is pretty much left on the shoulders of one
4 >> man. It's easy to say on hindsight it was implemented too quickly.
5 > There is official documentation in devmanual [1].
6
7 The _detailed_ one was pushed 2 hours before I made my post, if that's
8 what you're referencing now.
9
10 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/devmanual.git/commit/?id=9613e9e69ae16e6981f90135f92811ded641b52c
11
12 How could I have missed it? But yes, it's exactly and finally what was
13 needed for a long time.
17 > Hence my idea that if we stop requiring mailing list RFC, we can replace
18 > that with obligatory update to uid-gid.txt. It should work good enough
19 > for synchronization.
20
21 Mmm, yeah sure, I guess it works better for everyone. I can still
22 imagine someone pushing acct- ebuilds with colliding UIDs, but at least
23 the CI checks for duplicates right? So committer should receive a mail
24 to change their numbers ASAP right? While at least with mailing list RFC
25 there's a small chance it can be prevented (like was done twice last
26 week), but the process is indeed more annoying and more manual.
29 -- juippis