From: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
To: Nick Jones <carpaski@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Portage, SLOT, functionality, documentation, ChangeLog
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:52:55
1 Nick Jones wrote:
2
3 > This is mentioned every once in a while, but to 'see that changed'
4 > really does not help. SpanKY and a few other (greatly appreciated
5 > individuals) make great contributions towards documenting all the
6 > little bits that are missing, but, as you note, there is a lot that
7 > needs to be worked out. Time and I are not great friends, but I try
8 > to keep up with what I make changes to (albeit most are only noted
9 > in the changelog, make.conf, and emerge --help).
10 >
11 > Care to help?
12
13 Absolutely. I was going to try to talk to you in person about it in
14 #gentoo-dev, but alas you weren't there and I was also pressed for time.
15
16 I'll be working fewer hours this week, so I should have a better chance
17 to get organized and I'd love to start by gathering all the existing
18 documents, ChangeLogs, etc. as well as your written notes and the
19 bugs.g.o entries together and seeing where we stand.
20
21 Is there a specific time you're (generally) available on IRC? During the
22 day (~11AM-4PM EST) is the best time for me at the moment.
25 Stewart Honsberger
26 Gentoo Developer
27 http://www.snerk.org/
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list