From: Chris Davies <c.davies@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OpenSSH Security Fix.
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:00:19
1 Hi,
2
3 I haven't seen anything in bugs or this list about this, so here is the
4 news:
5 CERT have issued an advisory about OpenSSH, the bug in question enables
6 existing users to gain root privelidges.
7 The advisory is here: http://www.pine.nl/advisories/pine-cert-20020301.txt
8 The fix is to upgrade to the latest OpenSSH (3.1p1) ASAP.
9 May I politely suggest that a new ebuild be constructed post-haste? :)
10 Anyway, for those at risk, I have constructed an emergency ebuild and
11 digest file, so you may upgrade immediately.
12 The files can be found here: http://www.cdavies.org/gentoo/
13
14 Put the digest file in /usr/portage/net-misc/openssh/files and the
15 ebuild in /usr/portage/net-misc/openssh and rerun emerge openssh.
16
17 If anyone thinks it is worthwhile, I will also post this message to the
18 gentoo users list, but at present I'm not going to do that.
19 Thanks,
20 C.Davies
21 (c.davies@×××××××.org)