From: Rafael Cordones Marcos <rcm@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] IUSE variable in an ebuild
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:15:38
1 Hi,
2
3 I am writing an ebuild for wdiff[1] that depends on GNU diff. So I
4 started looking at the diffutils ebuild. More precisely at the
5 /usr/portage/sys-apps/diffutils/diffutils-2.8.4-r1.ebuild
6
7 The script contains the line
8
9 IUSE="nls build"
10
11 I understand that "nls" is for activating internationalization options
12 but "build", what is it for?
13 At http://gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml it says that "build" is:
14 "!!internal use only!! DO NOT SET THIS FLAG YOURSELF!, used for creating
15 build images and the first half of bootstrapping."
16
17 <code-snippet>
18 IUSE="nls build"
19
20 [...]
21
22 DEPEND="virtual/glibc
23 nls? ( sys-devel/gettext )
24 ? !build? ( sys-apps/texinfo )"
25
26 RDEPEND="virtual/glibc"
27
28 src_unpack() {
29 unpack ${A}
30
31 cd ${S}
32 ? if [ -n "`use build`" ]
33 ? then
34 ? #disable texinfo building so we can remove the dep
35 ? cp Makefile.in Makefile.in.orig
36 ? sed -e 's:SUBDIRS = doc:SUBDIRS =:' \
37 ? Makefile.in.orig > Makefile.in
38 ? fi
39 }
40 </code-snippet>
41
42 The lines I do not understand are marked with "?".
43
44 Thanks for your time!
45
46 /Rafa