From: Gregg <gregg@××.am>
To: jmarcet@×××××.com
Cc: gregg@××.am, tclark@××××××××.net, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: mythtv
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 05:09:43
1 I wont have my mythtv box built for another month, or I would test now.
2 But it would be nice for someone out there running it to test this out.
3
4 Gregg
5
6 > * Gregg <gregg@××.am> [021111 03:51]:
7 >
8 >>And this is why I love gentoo :)
9 >
10 >>Great, cant wait until all the dependancies have ebuilds, all the myth*
11 >> releases have ebuilds. Then it will be a simple install. Maybe even a
12 >> mythtv-all ebuild could be made that installes all the deps, and ALL
13 >> the myth* apps (tv, music, games, ect...)
14 >
15 >>> See bugs #10533, 10534 and 10536 on http://bugs.gentoo.org/
16 >
17 >>> I'd appreciate any help to get it finally working and well
18 >>> integrated. Once that's achieved I might do ebuilds for the add-on
19 >>> modules available with MythTV; namely MythMusic, MythGallery,
20 >>> MythGame & MythWeb, at the time of this writing.
21 >
22 > As I said, testing is needed. Input on what works and what does not is
23 > welcome.
24 > Indeed I have a non working install myself, I get this error from the
25 > sql database whenever I try to use any MythTV app:
26 >
27 > QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
28 > QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
29 > Couldn't open database
30 > QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
31 > QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
32 >
33 > I have no experience with Sql at all, and have no idea what to look for.
36 > --
37 > Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list