From: Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>
To: Gregg <gregg@××.am>
Cc: tclark@××××××××.net, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: mythtv
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 02:56:26
1 * Gregg <gregg@××.am> [021111 03:51]:
2
3 >And this is why I love gentoo :)
4
5 >Great, cant wait until all the dependancies have ebuilds, all the myth*
6 >releases have ebuilds. Then it will be a simple install. Maybe even a
7 >mythtv-all ebuild could be made that installes all the deps, and ALL the
8 >myth* apps (tv, music, games, ect...)
9
10 >> See bugs #10533, 10534 and 10536 on http://bugs.gentoo.org/
11
12 >> I'd appreciate any help to get it finally working and well integrated.
13 >> Once that's achieved I might do ebuilds for the add-on modules available
14 >> with MythTV; namely MythMusic, MythGallery, MythGame & MythWeb, at the
15 >> time of this writing.
16
17 As I said, testing is needed. Input on what works and what does not is
18 welcome.
19 Indeed I have a non working install myself, I get this error from the
20 sql database whenever I try to use any MythTV app:
21
22 QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
23 QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
24 Couldn't open database
25 QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
26 QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
27
28 I have no experience with Sql at all, and have no idea what to look for.
32 Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>