From: Gregg <gregg@××.am>
To: jmarcet@×××××.com
Cc: tclark@××××××××.net, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev] mythtv
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 02:49:53
1 And this is why I love gentoo :)
2
3 Great, cant wait until all the dependancies have ebuilds, all the myth*
4 releases have ebuilds. Then it will be a simple install. Maybe even a
5 mythtv-all ebuild could be made that installes all the deps, and ALL the
6 myth* apps (tv, music, games, ect...)
7
8 Gregg
9
10 > * Tony Clark <tclark@×××××.com> [021110 17:35]:
11 >
12 >>> >Are there any plans already in the works for a mythtv ebuild (and
13 >>> its dependancies like xmltv)? 0.7 just came out and it would be
14 >>> nice to see it in there. It is by far the best PVR solution in the
15 >>> open source world right now. The new version even supports editing
16 >>> the video's its saved and removing the commercials.
17 >>>
18 >>> I have a working ebuild, but I have not installed xmltv yet, and thus
19 >>> I haven't made it work yet...
20 >>
21 >>Now thats the interesting one as there are a heap of perl dependancies.
22 >> I've just done a bit of fooling around and it seems lots of things
23 >> are missing/broken etc.
24 >
25 > I'm pretty much done with all the dependencies, so far 10 perl modules,
26 > updated expat library, and counting...
27 >
28 > OK, finished...
29 > Pretty much, still some quirks remaining.
30 >
31 > See bugs #10533, 10534 and 10536 on http://bugs.gentoo.org/
32 >
33 > I'd appreciate any help to get it finally working and well integrated.
34 > Once that's achieved I might do ebuilds for the add-on modules available
35 > with MythTV; namely MythMusic, MythGallery, MythGame & MythWeb, at the
36 > time of this writing.
39 > --
40 > Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>
46 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list