From: Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>
To: tclark@××××××××.net
Cc: Gregg <gregg@××.am>, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev] mythtv
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 18:00:36
1 * Tony Clark <tclark@×××××.com> [021110 17:35]:
2
3 >> >Are there any plans already in the works for a mythtv ebuild (and its
4 >> >dependancies like xmltv)? 0.7 just came out and it would be nice to see
5 >> >it in there. It is by far the best PVR solution in the open source world
6 >> >right now. The new version even supports editing the video's its saved
7 >> >and removing the commercials.
8 >>
9 >> I have a working ebuild, but I have not installed xmltv yet, and thus I
10 >> haven't made it work yet...
11 >
12 >Now thats the interesting one as there are a heap of perl dependancies. I've
13 >just done a bit of fooling around and it seems lots of things are
14 >missing/broken etc.
15
16 I'm pretty much done with all the dependencies, so far 10 perl modules,
17 updated expat library, and counting...
18
19 OK, finished...
20 Pretty much, still some quirks remaining.
21
22 See bugs #10533, 10534 and 10536 on http://bugs.gentoo.org/
23
24 I'd appreciate any help to get it finally working and well integrated.
25 Once that's achieved I might do ebuilds for the add-on modules available
26 with MythTV; namely MythMusic, MythGallery, MythGame & MythWeb, at the
27 time of this writing.
31 Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>