From: Mamoru KOMACHI <usata@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New svg global USE flag
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:28:09
1 Hi,
2
3 At Wed, 19 May 2004 13:35:11 +0200,
4 foser wrote:
5
6 > I think it's ok to add it. But the problem is with the definition. The
7 > packages you intend to add support for are about adding librsvg deps,
8 > but mozilla is about adding a non-default internal lib. Those are two
9 > different things.
10
11 Right. I'm not going to change mozsvg to svg. They are different
12 things and I also don't know of the stability of mozilla SVG support,
13 so I'm not pushing svg USE flag to mozilla{,-firefox} (even though we
14 have per package USE flag system).
15
16 > I don't know the quality of the mozilla lib, but given that it isn't
17 > a default option makes me think it isn't as much of a focus point.
18
19 No, it isn't. The focus point this time is to form dev-ml/lablgtk:svg,
20 media-gfx/fontforge:svg and media-gfx/gimageview:svg into global USE
21 flag. It's up to mozilla herd to revise net-www/mozilla* to use it.
24 Mamoru KOMACHI <usata@g.o>