From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: baselayout-1.13 going into ~ARCH soon
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 03:30:15
1 >> In 1.13, we've removed the variable from /etc/conf.d/rc and it's now forced
2 >> to /lib/rcscripts/init.d which is safe as /lib is always on the same
3 >> partition as /.
4 >
5 > From a filesystem usage point of view though, storing actively changing
6 > state data on /lib is ugly. The tmpfs /lib/rcscripts/init.d overlay
7 > solution for a ro / works, but as long as tmpfs magic is needed, can't it
8 > be written to /var after localmount?
9
10 After reading all the concerns and doubt and things, i ask myself:
11
12 why not keep in a tmpfs?
13
14 Well, it can be swapped out too, and it isn't too much data anyway, is it?
17 The most disturbing thing to me, would be yet another entry when i watch
18 the list mountpoints.