From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: baselayout-1.13 going into ~ARCH soon
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 07:18:14
1 On Tuesday 07 November 2006 03:23, Sven Köhler wrote:
2 > After reading all the concerns and doubt and things, i ask myself:
3 >
4 > why not keep in a tmpfs?
5 >
6 > Well, it can be swapped out too, and it isn't too much data anyway, is it?
7
8 Only linux has a non specific tmpfs - ie it just uses what it needs.
9 For the BSD's it has something similar, but you have to specify either it's
10 size or it's maximum size so it's not as flexable.
11
12 > The most disturbing thing to me, would be yet another entry when i watch
13 > the list mountpoints.
14
15 One of the reasons I'm keen on rolling it back to disk after rc completes the
16 boot runlevel.
19 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
20 Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list