From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Just some Feedback
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:01:57
1 On Sunday 25 August 2002 20:51, Nils Decker wrote:
2 > I think the main argument against vi was, that it is hard to use for
3 > somebody not knowing vi. Nano may not be as nice, but everybody should
4 > be able to use it without learning too much. Vi can be emerged just
5 > after bootstrapping.
6
7 I do recognize that one tho gentoo is not aimed at newbies some "not so new
8 newbies" might not know vi but can set up a gentoo system. My problems with
9 the discussion were space and the "why not emacs then" arguments.
10
11 > Just remember: If everybody is complaining, it is the right compromise ;-)
12
13 As I said I recognize the nano argument about "newbies" but anyway we had that
14 discussion and I guess even gentoo can't be perfect :)
15
16 Alex