From: Nils Decker <nils@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Just some Feedback
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:51:44
1 Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Anyway, one thing I hated about the "discussion" was the arguments
3 > against vi and for nano (space which is a non issue). We don't want
4 > vim with syntax highlighting and all that stuff which gets quite big,
5 > just a small lil vi.
6
7 I think the main argument against vi was, that it is hard to use for
8 somebody not knowing vi. Nano may not be as nice, but everybody should
9 be able to use it without learning too much. Vi can be emerged just
10 after bootstrapping.
11
12 Just remember: If everybody is complaining, it is the right compromise ;-)
13
14 Regards
15 Nils
16
17 ( And yes, i use vi(m) too )
20 Before you open your mouth to speak, please make sure it's an
21 improvement upon the silence.
22
23 Nils Decker <ndecker@×××.de>