From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-db/mysqlcc removal
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:36:44
1 On Friday 13 August 2004 03:16 am, Tom Payne wrote:
2
3 > I wouldn't ever *require* anyone to install apache to admin mysql. It was a
4 > *suggestion*.
5
6 My appologies. We were on the wrong track then thats all.
7
8 > Reasons for suggesting phpMyAdmin are:
9 >
10 > - It's a very slick tool.
11 > - MySQL is often used as a database with Apache & PHP. Therefore is
12 > possible that Apache+PHP might already be installed
13 > - I have Apache installed on my desktop PCs normally anyhow: it's a very
14 > easy way to transfer files between boxes.
15 > - It's a webapp, so the client (browser), server (apache+php) and database
16 > server (mysqld) can be three different computers. You might be able to
17 > use apache+php already installed some else.
20 The above sounds great.. I have apache installed but not on any of my db
21 servers here.. One I don´t allow connections to other then localhost.. So I
22 have to have mysqlcc or the like..
23
24 Hopfully they will get mysql admin or whatever its called in an ebuild..
25
26 Let me know, I will write the ebuild and submit it..
27
28 Jeff
29 --
31 Jabber: tradergt@(smelser.org|jabber.org)
32 Quote: Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!