From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "Trivial" commit reviews
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:37:01
1 Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o> wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> Over time, the number of these simple reviews should go dramatically down
4 >> so it no longer bothers anyone to see them. If it doesn't, that means some
5 >> of our developers aren't learning or paying attention, and we should take
6 >> a closer look at whether they should remain developers.
7
8 > My concern is that if we flood -dev with "trivial" commit problems then
9 > more people will stop watching -dev and/or resort to killfiles or other
10 > filtering. While I do agree with Donnies assessment, my concern is that
11 > over a longer time period, it might have a negative effect.
12
13 I totally agree with Donnie here. Please keep up the work, everybody
14 should be encouraged to fix these (trivial) problems. I sincerly hope
15 that these message will not have to continue for long. But as long as
16 they do, they serve as a big reminder in your inbox of what is wrong.
17
18 Just my 0.02$
19 --
20 Regards, Matti Bickel
21 Signed/Encrypted email preferred (key 4849EC6C)