From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UPGRADE complete bugs.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:22:27
1 On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 20:17 -0400, Jeffrey Forman wrote:
2 > The upgrade for bugs.gentoo.org went exactly as I had planned for.
3 > Completed in under 20 minutes, which included this email. I've upgraded
4 > our Bugzilla from the old 2.18rc2 to 2.18.1. This fixes more security
5 > and code than I can even begin to mention. I have cleaned out a lot of
6 > the code and added in some nice features.
7
8 Thank you so much for working on this, Jeffrey - I really appreciate it.
9 Nice to see that the upgrade went smoothly too.
10
11 > Those nice features I'd like to higlight:
12 >
13 > (1) In the bug list, enhancements are colored green, while critical and
14 > blocker bugs are still colored red. This should help in picking out the
15 > enhancement bugs.
16
17 While color coding is good, I think it would be nice (at least from an
18 accessibility point of view) to still have enhancement requests written
19 in italics.
20
21 > (4) Comments now have [reply] links where clicking, will append the
22 > reply into the 'Additional Comments' textbox where one can easily
23 > comment on earlier replies.
24
25 That's the most useful new feature in this release, if you ask me.
26
27 > (5) Strikeouts now work for bugs with closed-like resolutions. Allows a
28 > user to more quickly tell the status of a resolved bug.
29
30 This is nice too, been missing that functionality.
31
32 > Anything else I've forgotten, I will happily take full credit for. I
33 > would also like to thank the numerous bugzilla developers over in
34 > irc.mozilla.org in #mozwebtools. They were endlessly patient with my
35 > questions and I am endlessly greatful.
36
37 Thank you to all who made the upgrade possible and smooth (at least it
38 was smooth for me ;)
39
40 Sincerely,
41 Brix