From: Benjamin Judas <benni@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Living in a bubble
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 20:29:12
1 This is problably going to start a flamewar, but I am sick of such
2 (insert appropriate term for animal excrements here) on mailing lists,
3 forums and even websites.
4
5 It's okay to have dreams, they keep us working on the things we like.
6 But trying to force your dreams to come true annoys other people. If a
7 Gentoo-developer cannot advocate the heart of Gentoo - i.e. Portage -
8 and keeps bitching about it, then he or she should probably consider
9 retiring completely from Gentoo and/or fork Gentoo.
10
11 In no case, he or she should be talking bullshit (oops, I wrote it) in
12 official Gentoo-channels. This appears to users and other uninvolved
13 people like a kindergarden.
14
15 The reason for my mail is the following excerpt (Jun. 5th, time CEST)
16
17 --8<------------
18 21:36 <@spb> next step is making paludis the officially supported
19 package manager on alpha
20 21:36 <@eroyf> yes
21 21:36 <@eroyf> like it is on mips
22 21:36 * eroyf giggles
23 21:36 <@eroyf> all the mips devs are using it anyways
24 21:37 <@spb> and of course the ultimate aim is to drop alpha keywords
25 from portage
26 -->8------------
27
28 Please people. It's good to have destinies, and everybody wants to build
29 his own very personal monument. We had Zynot, we had GenUX, and now we
30 have Paludis.
31
32 Please stop acting as if the project of a small scottish griper brain
33 was "The Standard(tm)"
34
35 It is not and hopefully will never be (because then the bitching and
36 whining will finally stop).
39 I'm waiting for the stinky comments from the usual corners.
40
41 Yours sincerly
42 Beejay
46 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list