From: Daniel Goller <morfic@g.o>
To: spams@×××××××××××××××××××××××××.uk
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kde 3.2 beta2
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 04:35:17
1 considering that kde 3.2 compiled flawless with gcc 3.4.1 shows it is
2 the code of kde that broke, not the compiler, it merely is more strict
3 and thus complains about stuff the c++ standard doesnt allow
4 i still need to get kdeartwork and kdegames, time permitting i will see
5 i can get those fixed up
6 blame gcc 3.4 if you think you can justify it, kdeartwork didnt compile
7 with gcc3.3 for other devs, so moot point what compiler ;)
8 no, something not even compiling with gcc3.3 isnt "quite stable"
9
10 luckily i only build gnome and kde for testing with gcc 3.4 sake anyway :)
13 Phil Richards wrote:
14