From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: rich0@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newsitem: initramfs required on Linux systems with separate /usr
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 01:01:14
1 On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:57:22 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > Then go on like:
5 > >
6 > > This decision has been taken because of [problem]; you can read
7 > > more about that in [article/mail references]."
8 >
9 > --
10 >
11 > I wouldn't go too much into the why. I'd focus on the what and in
12 > particular on what users need to do about it.
13
14 ++
15
16 True, users can always get more information through support channels.
17
18 Makes me wonder if the "Why?" question should be left unanswered; I'm
19 also not quite sure if we can produce a short answer, can the actual
20 problem be summarized in one short clear sentence at all?
21
22 (This does not mean that I want to see a long answer)
25 With kind regards,
26
27 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
28 Gentoo Developer
29
30 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
31 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
32 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D