From: Svyatogor <svyatogor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] linux-headers ebuild version.
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:33:11
1 I have recently been installing gentoo on a new (well actually very old) box
2 and I noticed the following strange thing.
3 Some packages (e.g.: iptables, iputils, baselayout) are deperate to install
4 the linux-headers, which is no suprise. However, the latest version of
5 linux-headers package in 2.4.19, while the *sources are at 2.4.21.
6
7 AFAIK the version of headers and of kernel are supposed to be the same. But in
8 this case, I'll have vanilla-sources-2.4.21 and say my iptables will be build
9 against headers for 2.4.19.
10
11 My question is: are there any plans to bump up the version of the headers
12 package, or it is obsolete. In the later case, I guess, no package should
13 depend on virtual/os-headers any more, but rather on virtual/linux-sources
14 (or probably the *sources, shoudl provide os-headers).
15 --
16 Sergey Kuleshov <svyatogor@g.o>
17 Let the Force be with us!
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list