From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] find -delete safe to use?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:15:25
1 On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:25:38 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > >>>>> On Sat, 14 Mar 2015, James Le Cuirot wrote:
5 >
6 > > I've long considered the -delete argument to find to be widely
7 > > supported enough that using it in ebuilds should not be a problem.
8 > > Indeed, a grep of the tree shows that it is frequently used, even in
9 > > eclasses.
10 >
11 > > I've just noticed that the man page states that it is not present in
12 > > the BSD version. findutils is now included in @system, even on BSD,
13 > > but the ebuild looks as though it gets installed as gfind rather
14 > > than find.
15 >
16 > In EAPI 5, ebuilds can assume GNU findutils version 4.4 or later:
17 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/5/pms.html#x1-12600011.3.1.1
18
19 Thanks, that's very definitive. Still curious how it fits with the
20 findutils ebuild though.
21
22 program_prefix=$(usex userland_GNU '' g)
23 econf \
24 --program-prefix=${program_prefix}
27 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
28 Gentoo Linux Developer