From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] find -delete safe to use?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 09:25:48
1 >>>>> On Sat, 14 Mar 2015, James Le Cuirot wrote:
2
3 > I've long considered the -delete argument to find to be widely
4 > supported enough that using it in ebuilds should not be a problem.
5 > Indeed, a grep of the tree shows that it is frequently used, even in
6 > eclasses.
7
8 > I've just noticed that the man page states that it is not present in
9 > the BSD version. findutils is now included in @system, even on BSD,
10 > but the ebuild looks as though it gets installed as gfind rather
11 > than find.
12
13 In EAPI 5, ebuilds can assume GNU findutils version 4.4 or later:
14 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/5/pms.html#x1-12600011.3.1.1
15
16 Ulrich