From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Acquiring a deeper understanding of Gentoo
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:25:26
1 On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 22:36 -0500, Michael Tindal wrote:
2 > Jonathan Smith wrote:
3 > > M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
4 > >
5 > >>>I'm not a developer ... and I'm not in California ... but I am a Gentoo
6 > >>>bigot and I'm certainly willing to help out ... as are most Gentoo
7 > >>>users/developers.
8 > >>>[snip]
11 > > I know that I can't speak for all the developers, but I for one am
12 > > slightly offended by being called a "Gentoo bigot". I work on Gentoo
13 > > because I love doing it, and I believe it helps people, but if those
14 > > people use something else (another distro, *BSD, Solaris, OSX, even
15 > > Windows) and it works for _them_, then so be it...
16 > >
17 > > As for the rest of your email, that information is readily available
18 > > from the Gentoo Documentation Project, and in a much more readable and
19 > > detailed format.
20 > >
21 > > -smithj
22 >
23 > It is rather offensive to myself as well, for the reasons detailed
24 > above. Please keep such comments to yourself and try to be less
25 > condescending in your responses in a public forum.
28 And I am slightly offended by both of you, as he clearly was saying that
29 _he_ is a Gentoo bigot. Please reread something 3 or 4 times before
30 taking offence (and then sleep on it before replying).
34 Martin Schlemmer
35 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
36 Cape Town, South Africa