From: Michael Tindal <urilith@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Acquiring a deeper understanding of Gentoo
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 06:07:06
1 Jonathan Smith wrote:
2 > M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
3 >
4 >>>I'm not a developer ... and I'm not in California ... but I am a Gentoo
5 >>>bigot and I'm certainly willing to help out ... as are most Gentoo
6 >>>users/developers.
7 >>>[snip]
10 > I know that I can't speak for all the developers, but I for one am
11 > slightly offended by being called a "Gentoo bigot". I work on Gentoo
12 > because I love doing it, and I believe it helps people, but if those
13 > people use something else (another distro, *BSD, Solaris, OSX, even
14 > Windows) and it works for _them_, then so be it...
15 >
16 > As for the rest of your email, that information is readily available
17 > from the Gentoo Documentation Project, and in a much more readable and
18 > detailed format.
19 >
20 > -smithj
21
22 It is rather offensive to myself as well, for the reasons detailed
23 above. Please keep such comments to yourself and try to be less
24 condescending in your responses in a public forum.
25
26 Mike Tindal