From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only you can prevent broken portage trees
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:22:37
1 On 10/31/06, Stephen P. Becker <geoman@g.o> wrote:
2 > You do realize that Ciaran *was* a member of several arch teams, right?
3
4 Of course. But "was" _is_ the operative word. It's not like I'm
5 asking for him to be banned from the Gentoo mailing lists or anything.
6 Chill, ffs.
7
8 Arch team leaders set policy on this issues, not Ciaran. It's useful
9 for developers (especially ones who have joined Gentoo since Ciaran
10 was expelled) to be clear on what the arch team policies actually are.
11
12 > I would agree with pretty much everything he has said on this topic.
13 > Perhaps you should consider that the reason that not many arch team
14 > folks have chipped in is because we agree with him.
15
16 All I'm asking is for arch team leaders to say so. It's hardly
17 unreasonable or controversial to ask that.
18
19 > Don't dismiss his
21 > they are talking about. You should know better then that Stuart.
22
23 I'm not dismissing his responses. I'm just asking for arch team
24 leaders (which is who the questions in this thread were addressed to)
25 to chip in, tis all.
26
27 Which, I'm glad to say, they've been happy to do.
28
29 Best regards,
30 Stu
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list